Although the pundits say the economy is getting better, I think we “little guys” would beg to differ. I know many, many people who are out of work, or at the very least, underemployed. Therefore, I thought I’d offer my suggestions as to some magical things to do to get a new or better job.
The following is an excerpt from my book, A Green Witch’s Formulary (Balboa Press, 2011):
- Carry a piece of Gravel Root (Joe Pye Weed) or a whole, unshelled Pecan in your pocket to interviews or while you’re working on your résumé.
- Grind a small amount of Gravel Root and Benzoin together. Combine with a little sugar and sprinkle into your shoe before going on a job interview. (Sugar draws ants, [who are working] why not a job?)
- Use Dill as part of a ritual incense. Other herbs you can use in ritual incense are: Bayberry, Benzoin, Bergamot, Lavender, Pine, Rose, Sandalwood, Sweet Grass and Ylang-Ylang.
- Using one or a combination of the essential oils of the above-named herbs, make yourself a personal scent (10 drops total essential oil(s) to one-eighth cup carrier oil), and wear that to your interviews.
- You can also anoint a corner of your résumé with this personal oil before sending it out. If, like most people these days, you send your résumé electronically, print a hard copy, anoint the paper and then burn it. Keep the ashes in a crystal bowl near your keyboard, focusing on it when you hit the “send” button.
- Two charm bags (either should be green) you can make and carry with you to interviews: combine Sage, Lavender, Dill, Basil & Parsley; or three Cardamom seeds, one Bay leaf and a sprig of Rosemary.
- An incense to use as part of your ritual: one part Frankincense, one-half part Basil, Vervain and Mugwort, plus one-quarter part Pansy, Clove and Cinnamon.
- If things aren’t going well at your job, burn Sweet Grass as incense (if you can) to ensure a happy workplace. If you can’t burn incense, bind a piece of Sweet Grass around your office doorknob or twine it around the base of your computer monitor. Or purchase a basket made of Sweet Grass and keep candy pieces in it for your co-workers.
Above all, maintain a positive attitude. Things will turn around for you!